Why Join AMWIK?
AMWIK is a membership organization with over 300 women members drawn from the journalism and communications fields. The two-tier membership structure comprises professionals and students currently undertaking media and communications related courses.
Benefits of being a Member
- Project execution opportunities in various capacities such as; trainers, rapporteurs, social media managers, writers, editors, graphic designers, etc
- Mentorship opportunities from experienced professionals in the industry
- Access to local and international training and capacity building workshops
- AMWIK membership press card
- Regular email correspondence which includes; job openings, consultancies and fellowship opportunities
- Access to a social media membership pool to network, access opportunities and mentorship
- Represent AMWIK at seminars, meetings and networking opportunities with members, partners and like-minded individuals
- Benefit from the AMWIK Scholarship Fund
- Get featured in our publications and digital media as an expert
- Internship opportunities for young members
- Access to the AMWIK resource centre (free of charge but upon prior request), includes unique data and research information
- Participate in various AMWIK Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects
Who is eligible to be a
Any woman pursuing a career in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations or a related field.
Charges: Kshs.3, 000 for professionals and Khs.1, 500 for students which is payable every year as an annual subscription.