CONSULTANCY CALL FOR AN ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
The Association of Media Women in Kenya (AMWIK) was established in 1982 to leverage on the media to improve the lives of women and children. AMWIK converges over 450 women and pools their professional skills to promote women’s concerns and other human rights issues. Membership comprises of female professionals and students with a communication and journalism background.
AMWIK’s vision is to advocate for a just society in which the media embraces and promotes equitable development, human rights and women’s rights. Its mission is to leverage media to promote an informed and gender-responsive society through professional and transformative media in Kenya and Africa.
The organization has Five (5) Key Themes:
- Media development and membership
- Women’s economic empowerment
- Sexual health and reproductive rights
- Gender and governance
- Digital safety and security
AMWIK is a lean organization that seeks to leverage on efficiency and expertise of its employees and stakeholders to deliver its mandate to its members. The organization currently has 6 staff and seasonal interns.
- Executive Director
- Programs Manager
- Impact and Communications Liaison
- Finance & Administration Officer
- Programs Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
The main functions are:
- Programs (fundraising, donor management and reporting, budget control)
- Advocacy and Communication
- Membership Empowerment
- Finance and Administration which facilitate operations.
II THE PROJECT
AMWIK has grown over time and there is an increasing need to ensure that the internal capacity matches its growth and that the organization is well structured in terms of resourcing and functional/process alignment in order to deliver its mandate effectively.
As a result, AMWIK welcomes proposals from qualified professionals/organization to carry out a Capacity Needs Assessment to identify and understand the organization’s current capacity, opportunities and constraints and develop a resourcing structure to deliver its strategic 5-year plan. The qualified professional will also review the organization’s processes and functions to align them with AMWIK’s strategic objectives.
III SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE AND DELIVERABLES
- To carry out a gap analysis with a view to ensure the team is well resourced in the medium and long term and develop a resourcing plan over the period of the current strategic plan.
- Assess capacity of AMWIK to ensure accountability, efficiency and effectiveness of the various functions and its ability to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Using the information gathered from the assessments and analysis, propose a capacity development strategy and plan and identify areas for organizational development improvements. The plan should include activities to be undertaken and indicators to measure progress towards expected results including realistic timeframes.
- Develop and align job descriptions for the reviewed and proposed roles.
- Identify gaps in documentation of function processes and recommend strategic, budget-accommodative and time-bound action plans. Make suggestions on any other policies that should be developed.
- Review the Human Resources Manual and update it in line with the provisions of the Kenyan Employment Act.
- Develop relevant human resource forms in line with the Human Resource Manual.
IV PROPOSAL FORMAT
The Proposal shall be structured to address the following:
- Particulars: The name of the consultant/ firm, Physical office address as well as postal address, KRA Tax certificate and Certificate of Incorporation.
- Brief Description of the consultant/firm and past experience describing relevant consultancies and projects involved in. (Focus on similar projects)
- Expertise of the consultant/Firm submitting the proposal. This section shall include the summary profiles of the persons who will be handling the project.
- The general management approach and methodology of the project including the expected project outputs and deliverables.
- Detailed description of the essential performance outputs for each specific objective highlighted in No. III above.
- Proposes work plan and timelines.
- Requirements from AMWIK in order to deliver the project successfully.
- An itemized indication of fees
Qualified and Experienced Consultants/Organizations should send their proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com on or before 25th September 2023.
AMWIK Call for a Social Media Manager
The Association of Media Women in Kenya (AMWIK) seeks a talented and dedicated Social Media Manager for an upcoming project on profiling and showcasing Positive Media Portrayal of Women in Politics and Leadership in Kenya. The project aims to amplify women’s voices and perspectives and contribute to a more diverse and inclusive public discourse through the collaboration of women political leaders, civic and media actors to ensure the positive portrayal and public perception of women in political leadership. As a Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for managing and monitoring our social media platforms to ensure a positive and engaging user experience for our audience during the project implementation period.
- Moderate and monitor content on various social media platforms, including comments, messages, and posts
- To develop short and catchy video clips for social media consumption on the project
- Engage with the online community by initiating and fostering positive interactions
- Provide reports on social media metrics, including user engagement, sentiment, and trends
- Proven experience in social media management or moderation.
- Familiarity with various social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of online community management and engagement.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with social media management tools and platforms.
- A passion for creating positive online experiences and building communities.
To apply for the Social Media Manager position, please submit the following documents:
- Updated resume/CV highlighting your relevant experience and skills.
- Cover letter expressing your interest in the position and explaining how your qualifications align with the role.
- Examples of social media platforms you have moderated, including any success stories or challenges you encountered.
- Any additional relevant work samples
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AMWIK Social Media Manager Application”. The application deadline is 25th July 2023.
AMWIK Call for Reporter/Editor
The Association of Media Women in Kenya, (AMWIK), is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for a Reporter/Editor for an upcoming project on Positive Media Portrayal of Women in Politics and Leadership in Kenya. The project aims to amplify women’s voices and perspectives and contribute to a more diverse and inclusive public discourse through the collaboration of women political leaders, civic and media actors to ensure the positive portrayal and public perception of women in political leadership. As a Reporter/Editor, you will gather information, conduct interviews, and produce high-quality reports and content on the profiled women leaders.
- Conduct in-depth research of the profiled individuals and core topics
- Perform interviews with relevant stakeholders, experts, and individuals involved in the subject matter.
- Write accurate and compelling news articles, features, and reports based on the collected data and interviews.
- Fact-check information, verify sources and ensure the accuracy of all content produced.
- Stay updated with current events, industry trends, and developments in the field to generate timely and engaging content.
- Collaborate with the AMWIK editorial team to develop questions, brainstorm ideas and story pitches
- Submit a narrative report at the end of the contracting period.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, research or a related field.
- Proven experience in journalism, reporting, and research.
- Excellent research and investigative skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and engaging content.
- Proficiency in using digital tools, content management systems, and social media platforms.
To apply for the Reporter/Editor position, please submit the following documents:
- Updated resume/CV highlighting your relevant experience and education.
- Cover letter expressing your interest in the position and outlining your qualifications.
- Writing samples or portfolios showcasing your journalistic and research work.
- Contact information for at least two professional references.
Send your application via email to email@example.com with the subject line “AMWIK Reporter/Editor Application”. The application deadline is 25th July 2023.
AMWIK provides internship opportunities for students enrolled in undergraduate communication programmes within its Secretariat. To apply for internship opportunities, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.