Through training, coaching, mentoring, networking and research, our organisation is seeking to develop a new cadre of African leaders, well rounded in community, national and global issues over a 3-year period. The initiative responds to the recognised fact that Africa’s slow progress in development stems in part from a limited quality of visionary, well rounded and business oriented leadership, a false dichotomy between development work and human rights advocacy, as well as the lack of a critical number of women in leadership and decision making. Through this initiative we will be bringing together prominent, recognized African leaders in diverse sectors (from the Arts and Media, to Business and Finance, to Politics and Community) to mentor a few exclusively selected women and men in five African countries over a 3 year period.
How to Apply
Criteria for selection:
- We are looking for a young outstanding Kenyan lady;
- Aged between 20-40 years;
- Already working in the Media and Communications sector in Kenya;
- Holding a minimum qualification of a Diploma in a Communications field;
- With demonstrated transformative leadership potential and a change maker;
- Engaged in work or activities that impact on the community and can evidently showcase commitment to serve humanity through use of media/communication;
- Committed to gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Socially and academically smart and who exhibits huge ability and desire to lead and impact the world around them through their resilience, initiative and innovation.
- Availability to participate in the three year programme from beginning to end;
- Commitment to become a mentor after graduation from the programme.
Our Selection Process:
Our application and selection process is competitive, transparent and objective to ensure that we select the most desirable and outstanding women from across Kenya with the passion and ability to drive change.
In addition to academic qualifications, work experience and traceable leadership potential; applicants will be interviewed one- on- one by a panel of 4 leadership experts drawn from a wide spectrum of Kenya’s leading organisations. Pieces of inspiring work done thus far, including academic transcripts will be requested on the day of interviews.
To apply: Applicants fulfilling the requirements should submit their application together with a detailed CV and all relevant attachments via email to email@example.com with the subject line Women Leading Change by 10 pm 2nd September 2012.
AMWIK will respond to candidates who are short-listed for interviews ONLY.
WOMEN LEADING CHANGE: POSITIONING AFRICA IN THE 21ST CENTRURY