AMWIK seeks to use the media to promote an informed and gender responsive society in Kenya and Africa.
A just society in which the media embraces and promotes equitable development, human rights and women’s rights.
- To promote the right of use of information to create a society that has equitable access to opportunities.
- To create an informed and resourceful society through professional development and transformation of the media to enhance the status of women in Kenya.
- To ensure balanced media coverage of women’s issues by training journalists on gender sensitive reporting
- To train women to effectively tap the potential of the media in highlighting their specific concerns
- To foster the understanding of issues affecting women through the media
- To organize and unite media women in fellowship and link them with similar organizations elsewhere
The values that underpin the operations of AMWIK are:
- Professional ethics
- Honesty and Integrity
- Transparency and Accountability
- Respect for Human rights.