Who Can Be A Member?
- Any woman pursuing a career in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations or a related field.
- Membership is divided into two categories i.e. Student Members and Other Members.
- Student Members pay an annual subscription fee of Ksh 1,000 per year, while Other Members pay Ksh 2,000 per year.
- Subscription is paid on a yearly basis and renewed every January.
Why Join AMWIK?
Among the benefits of being an AMWIK member are:
- Receiving email correspondence which includes job openings, consultancies and fellowship opportunities.
- Benefitting from the AMWIK Scholarship Fund.
- Participating in AMWIK’s activities including production of radio programmes; research; writing articles /editing /graphic design and layout of newsletters and publications.
- Representing AMWIK at seminars and meetings; and sharing skills with other members.
- Participating in local, regional or international exchange programmes.
- Receiving mentorship from more experienced AMWIK members who are professionals in the industry.
- Networking with like-minded individuals.
- Participating in team building activities.
- Training and capacity building workshops organized for members based on needs assessments.
- Use of the AMWIK resource center (free of charge).
- Internship opportunities.